Smartphones are indispensable for most people these days, even while on vacation. Disney has done a great job making our Disney World park info like FastPasses, Dining Reservations, directions to attractions, dining menus, etc available right on our smartphones through the My Disney Experience App. We LOVE it!! (At the bottom of this article you’ll find areas throughout the parks with electrical outlets in case you need to charge your phone.)
However, depending entirely on your smartphone for information while at a Disney World park can be frustrating. So, we always like to have the details of our day with us on a sheet of paper….Fastpasses, which attractions & shows we want to experience, snacks we want to try, Dining Reservation info, etc.
Here’s why we recommend having a written plan, in addition to using My Disney Experience, while at the parks:
- Even when using Disney’s free wi-fi, it can be difficult to get a signal when inside an attraction or building
- We don’t have to continually open our app or notes on our phone to find out what’s next. We can save our battery power to take photos and videos. TIP: Maximize your battery power by putting your phone in Airplane Mode as much as possible!
- It’s difficult to see the screen on the phone while out it the sun
- We’re on vacation….we want (and need) a break from our phone
We do still use the My Disney Experience app to change or get additional Fastpasses, look at wait times, use Mobile ordering for our meals, etc. But we don’t have to use it for our park plan.
We’re able to enjoy attractions, snacks, shows & meals without having to look up FastPass times, Dining Reservation times or to figure out which attractions/shows/snacks we want next. We have them on paper, right at our fingertips!
Even when conserving your battery, you might still need to charge your phone while in the parks. You can take your phone (along with your own charging cord) to Guest Relations to be charged. There are also electrical outlets available throughout the parks. Here are some outlet locations: (Pin this for later)
- Storybook circus at the Dumbo/Barnstormer tent
- Across from the Tangled Tower restrooms hidden in fake tree stumps
- Columbia Harbour House – outlets near some of the tables
- Carousel of Progress – outside near the tree
- Space Moutain arcade area
- Inside Cosmic Ray’s near the restrooms
- Outside the Tomorrowland restrooms
- Tomorrowland Terrace near the trashcans
The Living Seas – outlets near the women’s restroom
Upstairs at the Electric Umbrella
Norway and Morocco both have outdoor outlets in various places
La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico has an outlet outside
Near the Finding Nemo theater
- Disney Outfitters – outdoor outlet
- ABC Commissary – outside
Animation Courtyard at The Magic of Disney Animation
We hope this helps you plan a better Disney World trip! Want more helpful info? We would like to invite you to become a Mouse Tutor Insider. You'll receive access to our downloads & printables (like our Character Location Guide), private Facebook group and our e-mail newsletter. Visit our Resource Library for more information and to get in (or use the form at the footer of our site)! We look forward to seeing you there 🙂